Father’s Day Message Notes
Jason Haymaker, Speaker
- Make the most of every opportunity- don’t act thoughtlessly
- The question isn’t: will they remember me: but, will they want to?
- We will be unforgettable: either positive or negative
- We remember phrases: your fat, stupid, can’t do anything right...
- If phrases we know are negative, we need new phrases
- Positive phrases-
"I like who you’re becoming"
"You're special and you matter to your daddy"
"I think God can do it"
1) I Love You
- love languages
- kids need irrational love from us- moves beyond a quota
- communicate they are treasured, not just tolerated
2) I’m Sorry
- Fathers don’t exasperate your children
- take them by the hand and lead them
- meekness is strength under control
- weakness is being passive and getting pushed around
3) I believe in you
- more about the person than the production
- okay to fail- we all will
Jason and his dad-
"my dad and I could have gone to 5 below, bought squirt guns, and charged hell together"
Jesus knew that Peter was going to fail- looked at him, believed in him
4) I’m praying for you
- tell what your prayer is- example- to Jason's kids
- "that Jesus will be fresh to you"
- we’ve got to have vision for our kids